Adam Legg has gathered a collection of posts from around the Internet to help church leaders reflect and plan.
Here are five takeaways for churches as we head into 2015.
- Get on Instagram! Not only is it now larger than Twitter, but it gives your church the ability to visually tell stories.
- Don’t shy away from the hard topics. If we have learned anything from #Ferguson, it’s that our culture is willing to engage in difficult conversation, may the church be willing as well.
- Get Mobile! 2014 was the year when mobile internet usage finally passed desktop usage. Just having a website for your church is no longer enough. Your church needs to think mobile. Apps, responsive sites, whatever. Make sure people can find and engage with your church from their phone.
- The Power of Story. Don’t default to using your church’s social media and website as an event bullhorn. Use those platforms to tell the stories of what God is doing in the lives of people at your church.
- Give Yourself Space To Unplug. As the world around us becomes more and more connected, the danger is to never allow ourselves to disconnect. Make sure and give yourself space to unplug. In the bedroom, on the weekend, as part of a getaway. Self care in a digital world will become increasingly important, and the church can lead the way.