Branon Dempsey says our job is to help lift up the spirits of those in the Body.
No, the church does not depend on the worship team solely, our job is to help point them to the Holy Spirit. He is the real Worship Leader, as we are the facilitators.
In order to do things well, there are a few points that may seem obvious, but are often overlooked:
– Be sure to hear yourself sing – get the right mix and do hoard the monitor volume
– Work with your sound engineer and trust them
– Check if you are singing in key with the band
– Make sure you enunciate and keep syllables clear
– Sing in time / in rhythm with the band / lead instrument or drummer